Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    will be at the Russell County Conference Center in Lebanon this Friday, at 6:00 pm. Supposed to be music and good food, plus a chance to talk to some good politicians. Never met Warner before, pretty excited to see him in person.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    good politicians.

    Theres an oxymoron.......
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    You'd be hard pressed to find anything bad about Warner. Is anyone else going? Not everyday you get to see a US Senator like that regardless of who it is.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    I met Warner once. I'm just telling what happened so take it for what it's worth.

    I was with a very good friend who honestly would not know a democrat from a republican, has never voted in her life and truly could not care less about politics. I've known her for years and would have to say that she has an almost 6th sense about people.

    At one time she was head of security at one the bars that I worked at as a bouncer. I could not begin to tell you the number of time she would come to us and point out a person who just walked in and issued a warning to us that this person should be watched, that before the night was over they would cause trouble. I cannot ever remember her being totally wrong. Only thing being the degree of trouble that they would cause before the end of the night.

    So back to meeting Warner. He had a couple of people with him and he introduced himself and shook our hands. The instant they moved on out of ear-shot she leaned toward me and said, "who was that"? "He gives me the creeps". "I need to wash my hands" and headed straight to the ladies room.

    True story. It wasn't till later that I explained to her that he was the governor. Didn't phase her a bit. In fact she said something like, "figures, that guy is nasty". I didn't ask her elaborate.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    A couple of quick things I just remembered. He was running for Governor at the time this happened. Also, recently, probably within the last 1 or 2 years she asked me if "that politician that we met that time is still in office?" I explained to her that he was no longer in the office that he was running for but held another office. She said sometime negative that I can't remember and seemed to be worried by it.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    I really don't have many issues with Warner at all. Very few people you can say that about in the political market.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mr. Boucher and Mr. Warner...

    I don't either. I was just relating what I found to be an interesting personal experience with him and a friend.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •